Operation Longevity, Peter Killeen
- Ms. Masterson introduced Peter Killeen, ATF Wellness Counselor, law enforcement, counseling professional
with over 24 years of experience serving ATF as an expert consultant guiding law enforcement officer support
services such as Peer Support, Chaplain, EEO, Ombudsman, and mediation programs.
- Mr. Killeen introduced Operation Longevity, an initiative that sprang from the Substance Abuse and Mental
Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Eight Dimensions of Wellness. Mr. Killeen described his idea for translating this framework into a real, fun, daily strategy for extending the quality and longevity of one’s life.
- For each area, Mr. Killeen shared his inspirational quotes and suggestions for each area of wellness depicted
Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support the well-being
Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
- Mr. Killeen acknowledged Katrina Masterson and Dejah Greene, Student Intern, for their help and substantive
- To find out more about SAMHSA’s initiative, http://www.samhsa.gov/wellness-initiative/eight-dimensionswellness. Mr. Killen finished his presentation by leading a breathing meditation exercise, which all can practice
and share with family members and colleagues.